Suspect Arrested Friday After 2 More Attacks on Homeless Men

by on July 15, 2016 · 1 comment

in Civil Rights, Culture, Economy, History, Homelessness, Ocean Beach, San Diego

From abc10News:

A man was detained and was being questioned in connection with an assault on homeless man in Golden Hill early Friday morning that investigators believe is linked to four other brutal attacks earlier this month that left three men dead and a fourth gravely injured.

Shortly before 4:30 a.m., a 55-year-old man was beaten while asleep in the area of 19th and C streets. San Diego police officers responded and found the bloodied victim with significant trauma to his torso, San Diego police Capt. Dave Nisleit told reporters in a morning briefing.

He was transported to a local hospital but is expected to survive.

A little before 5:45 a.m., a man was taken into custody in the area of Laurel and Brant streets in Bankers Hill. Nisleit confirmed the detained man was being questioned in connection with the attack. His name was not disclosed.

Nisleit confirmed the attack is likely connected to a slew of four others that occurred between July 3-6. Nisleit said:

“There is no doubt in my mind, this is part of our series. This will be linked to the first case that happened on July 3. And we had the two cases on July 4 and the additional case on July 6.”

For more and video.

{ 1 comment… read it below or add one }

Denine July 16, 2016 at 5:13 pm

All of this just tears my heart out… I have been so scared for our neighbors who are not housed.


Leave a Comment

Older Article:

Newer Article: