Editor: Some folks in and around OB have started a facebook page entitled “You know you’re from OB if …” and people post comments about their memories of OB past. This latest one by local Melissa Brown was particularly endearing and so we repost it in its entirety.
By Melissa Brown
You know you’re from OB if you …
- Remember Steve Rogow and The Ram Band, Slant or The Balzi Band set up on the grass both in between Hodads and the sand, or the grass on the pier side of the lifeguard tower.
- Remember the same bands plus the Hurricanes playing at LeChalet.
- Went to parties at Red House and saw either The Ram Band or Jambalaya play
- Spent countless hours sitting on the wall outside the arcade next door people watching with Adam and John
- Drove out at dog beach and got your car stuck in the channel when the tide rose.