For the past six or so weeks, the OB Rag has been running reviews of each of the 7 planning districts of OB. The OB Planning Board is holding its annual election on Tuesday, March 11th, and we wanted to build interest and support for the election and for the Board – which historically was the very first democratically-elected planning committee in San Diego – and in California.
(See details here about the election.)
So, here is each of our posts on the districts:
- District 1 - the Frontline against Gentrification
- District 2 – The Heart of OB
- District 3 – the North-East Quadrant
- District 4 – the Hub of Ocean Beach
- District 5 – the Cliffs at Ocean Beach
- District 6 – the Hills of OB
- District 7 - The South-End of Ocean Beach
It has come to our attention that OB is at a development crossroads and planning issues are once again relevant and very important. We believe in fact Ocean Beach can meet the challenges ahead of it but it does take an informed village citizenry.