From our own inquiries, from candidates’ statements at a recent forum on the 5th and the latest from Raeanon Hartigan, head of the Board committee on the election, we can now summarize what we know and who is actually running.
The Board’s official ballot only lists one candidate – Pete Ruscitti in District 1 – because of a timing and calendar fluke, none of the other sitting board members submitted their candidate petitions in on time – so several of them are now running as “write-in” candidates.
- John Ambert is termed out and is running as a write-in for District 6.
Andrew Waltz has another year in his present term.
- Barbara Schmidtknecht is termed out and is retiring from the Board; she’s been in her seat since 2010;
- Drew Wilson is running as a write-in as reported at the March 5th Board meeting; he had been in 3.
Kevin Becker still has another year to his appointment.
- Drew Wilson is running in 2;
- Pete Ruscitti is an official candidate; he had been in District 6 when first appointed in 2012.
Scott Therkalsen has another year on his current term, has been on the Board since 2010.
District 4 There are two vacancies
- Seth Connolly is seeking a Board appointment to this district; Seth had been on the Board for 4 years previously.
- Ronson Shamoun is resigning from his seat.
- Robbie Shamoun, Ronson’s brother, is seeking an appointment.
- Giovanni Ingolia has been termed out and has to leave the Board.
Bill Bushe has another year to serve – he’s been on the Board since 2010.
- Pete Ruscitti is a candidate in District 3 where he lives.
- John Ambert running as a write-in candidate, formerly of District 1 when appointed last summer.
- Jane Gawronski is either running as a write-in or will be seeking an appointment. (Jane has also submitted her name to be considered by the City Council as an interim council member for District 2.)
Tom Gawronski – current chair – has another year to his term.
- Ginese Quann has submitted her resignation, we understand.
- Valerie Paz announced her candidancy for an appointment at the recent Candidates Forum.
Raeanon Hartigan has another year for her term.