In the meantime, here is an open thread – on issues of Ocean Beach. Leave your comments, observations, opinions, and thoughts in the comment section below. And if you don’t like the issues we suggest, raise some of your own.
Here are some discussion points:
- Marshmallow/ marshmellow wars – Do you think they’re ready to be banned or brought under control some how? And how and who will do this? Who should pay for the clean-up? We personally think that the police should be kept out of it, that volunteers and locals need to deal with it.
- OB’s new draft Community Plan update. … What? … Yes, the City has issued a new community development plan for OB. All OBceans need to familiarize themselves with the new plan, the old plan, planning issues, and history.
- Gentrification. This occurs when new development sweeps in and sweeps out the people who used to live in the old development and who cannot afford the new development.
- Police surveillance at the beach. We have the police tower on occasion, the surveillance camera at the end of the OB Pier. Problem or re-assurance?
- Lack of good public transit.