I Love a Clean San Diego is organizing a beach clean-up in Ocean Beach from 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday, April 27. It’s part of the 11th Annual “Creek to Bay” Clean-up taking part at 92 cleanup sites countywide.
The organization is calling for volunteers to help keep San Diego County beautiful and clean. Register as a volunteer. The annual event needs 6,000 volunteers. Volunteers of all ages can cleanup areas include beaches, bays, creeks, canyons, parks and urban areas.
There are two cleaning sites at the beach in OB:
- Dog Beach – Meet at the main entrance to Dog Beach, on the concrete paw pad.
- OB Veteran’s Park – Meet on the Veteran’s Park lawn at the end of Newport Ave. just south of the lifeguard tower.
And in Point Loma:
- 2091 Shelter Island Drive, San Diego, CA 92101 *Meet under the white gazebo off of the traffic circle on the north side of the island
Plus there are sites in and around Mission Bay:
- Fiesta Island – Registration check-in will be in the dirt parking lot of Fiesta Island (right as your turn off E. Mission Bay Drive)
- Santa Clara Point – Meet in front of the Mission Beach Women’s Club at 840 Santa Clara Place.
- South Shores – Meet at the South Shores Boat Launch by the restrooms
In Mission and Pacific Beach:
- Mission Beach High School – Ask for Billy Paul,Meet at Mission Bay High School, located at 2475 Grand Avenue, San Diego, CA 92109 ; Please have parent supervision for children. Ice cream social provided for volunteers after the cleanup, donated by Campland on the Bay.
- South Mission -Meet on grass just north of parking lot at the end of North Jetty Lane.
- PB – Meet at the Pacific Beach Presbyterian Church at 1675 Garnet Ave, San Diego 92109
- Meet on the beach at Tourmaline. Look for the table set up north of the restrooms.
The event is part of the national Great American Cleanup.
Last year, I Love A Clean San Diego volunteers removed 180 tons of debris. Do your part and help with family and friends. Signup online.