It may be the season for shopping for consumers. It may be a time to recharge for political campaigners. But for the anti-nuclear activists in the region it’s time to intensify their efforts. Following are a half dozen programs, protests and events compiled by the Peace Resource Center for the coming days.
- Thursday, November 29: No Nukes Slam 2 — Poets Against Nuclear Power, 7-9 p.m., Peace Resource Center of San Diego, 3850 Westgate Place, San Diego, CA 92105. Share a poem, come listen! Info: https://www.facebook.
com/events/568679993161646/ or email@example.com
- November 30-December 8: Buddhist March and Vigil to Decommission San Onofre. March from Dana Point to San Onofre Nuclear Power Plant on November 29; Vigil and Fast continues rest of week. Info at: https://www.facebook.com/
events/298459603592239/?fref=or http://www.prcsd.org/ ts
- Friday, November 30: Nuclear Regulatory Commission Meeting about San Onofre, 6 and 9 p.m. (PDT) at the Hills Hotel, 25205 La Paz Road in Laguna Hills, Calif. We will hold a press conference at 4 p.m outside of the Hotel.https://www.facebook.
- Tuesday, December 4: “Green Scene–The Costs and Benefits of San Onofre Nuclear Power in Our Backyard,” 5:30 p.m., 1088 Third Avenue, SD, 92101. Info and register here: http://www.wrsc.org/
Wednesday, December 5: The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Atomic Safety and Licensing Board (NRC) ordered that oral arguments be heard at 1:00 pm EST on Wednesday, December 5, 2012, from Citizens’ Oversight (COPS) and Southern California Edison (SCE) regarding a license amendment request by SCE for the San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station (San Onofre). For the benefit of the public, the proceeding will be webcast at http://www.visualwebcaster.
- Saturday, December 8: Peace On Earth Holiday Bazaar: San Diego Shut San Onofre will have a booth at the annual bazaar, along with 18 plus other peace, social justice and environmental organizations! 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., Mid City Gym, San Diego 92105 (entrance on 43rd, near Landis). Support local organizations while giving alternative gifts! Volunteers are needed to help with the Shut San Onofre table, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer. https://www.facebook.com/