The first annual OB Global Rock Fest is taking place at the pier parking lot on on April 18th, 2009. The late, great George Carlin famously said, “As a rule I never attend the first annual anything.” In this case, I think we should all make an exception.
The event is being promoted as “Carbon Neutral” because the stages will be powered with Solar energy and there will be plenty of environmentally conscious vendors in the grassy area between the wall and Abott street.
The event takes place between 9:00am and 8:30 pm. The San Diego chapter of the Surfrider Foundation will be hosting a beach cleanup at 9am and will offer a free beer to those who volunteer and are at least 21 years of age.
The event is being held to raise funds for the OBMA to help pay for other community activities throughout the year. There will be a main stage in the parking lot next to the pier with some terrific bands playing:
- 10:45-12:00 Ishmael & The Peacemakers
- 12:30-2:00 Cash’d Out
- 2:30 – 4:00 The Electric Wasteband
- 4:30 – 6:00 The Knights of Monte Carlo
- 6:30 – Close C. Money and the Players, Inc.
There will also be an all ages area with vendors and side stage acts:
- 11:00 – 12:30 Jason Ott
- 1:00 – 2:15 The Big Fellas
- 2:15 – 3:15 The hypnotist, Lobster Bob
- 3:30 – 5:00 Bad Science Fiction
- 5:30 – 7:00 Kingfish Jones Band
So come on out for some spring time fun, bands, beer and environmental awareness!