The Green Store
Open House on Saturday July 14th
from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
4843B Voltaire St, Ocean Beach
The Green Store on Voltaire Street has been OB’s quintessential center of green, ecology and environmental awareness for decades now. Operated by Colleen Dietzel – she and Kip Krueger originally opened it – and several energetic volunteers, the Green Store has for 23 years been providing peace, social justice and environmental information to the community of Ocean Beach and San Diego in general.
After working out of a small house and renting from an extremely supportive landlord for all those years, the store had been requested by the landlord to move as he wanted to open a coffee-surf-type of store himself at the former site.
So, Colleen and her staff found another storefront just a few steps away, at 4843 B Voltaire. With larger space for all their books, magazines, posters, bumperstickers and other mementos of the green world, with their own parking spaces – and with larger rent – the Green Store has re-opened.
And now it’s holding an Open House on Saturday, July 14th, from 1 to 6pm. Please join them for an afternoon of local acoustic music and knowledgeable speakers.
- 1:00 – 1:15 Welcome
- 1:15 – 1:45 music: Psychic Vacuum
- 1:45 – 2:00 speaker: Nuclear Energy/The San Onofre power plant – Nancy Casady
- 2:00 – 2:30 music: Skye ,music: TBA
- 2:30 – 2:45 speaker: Alternative Energy Solutions – Jim Bell
- 2:45 – 3:15 music: Bradley Trafton
- 3:15 – 3:30 speaker: California “Label-It” ballot initiative – Label GMO, Moms For Safe Food
- 3:30 – 4:00 music: Bear French Hawk, shamanic tribal music
- 4:00 – 4:15 speaker: Surfrider’s Beach Clean-Ups & Rise Above Plastics campaign – Surfrider Representative Haley Jain Haggerstone
- 4:15 – 4:45 music: Bradley, Rio & Allison
- 4:45 – 5:00 speaker: Ocean Beach Activism – Frank Gormlie
- 5:00 – 5:30 music: Justin Werner, with special guest Saki
- 5:30 – 6:00 Musicians Open Jam
For more information, call 619-225-1083