OCEAN BEACH, CA. Tony Manolatos, of Councilmember Kevin Faulconer’s office just got back to me. We had heard that the City was borrowing money to replace the roof of the Ocean Beach branch library, and was planning to spend $150,000 to do the job.
Several people who commented to my post on this issue thought that the figure of $150K was a little pricey for the roof. So I contacted Faulconer’s District 2 office, and Tony agreed to get in touch with city staff for answers. Here is his response:
The $150,000 estimate is approximate and based on a scope including the following factors
- The actual cost of replacement
- The Library has approximately 9000 Square foot of roof.
- The roof is mostly pitched, with wood shake shingles.
- This work is to be contracted out.
- Costs associated with Project management and engineering.
- Cost associated with Purchasing, getting the contract written and bid on.
- Contingencies (including asbestos removal).