Occupy San Diego: OccupySD.org, #OccupySD, Twitter, Facebook
There is so much going on right now all over the country (and world?) about these “Occupy” actions, it’s getting difficult to keep up. So, for right now, I’m posting links to interesting stuff involving these events. And I’m constantly updating these reports.
- Occupy Tijuana has a facebook.
- 700+ Arrested on Brooklyn Bridge – Saturday Oct 1; most were cited and released. The Occupation at Liberty Plaza continues, with 800 people in the downtown financial district.
- Los Angeles: 1500 protesters march on City Hall, camp out on sidewalks. LA Times ; OccupyLA website; KPCC;
- The ‘ union comes out in support of the Occupy Wall Street protesters:
“The United Steelworkers (USW) union stands in solidarity with and strongly supports Occupy Wall Street. The brave men and women, many of them young people without jobs, who have been demonstrating around-the-clock for nearly two weeks in New York City are speaking out for the many in our world. We are fed up with the corporate greed, corruption and arrogance that have inflicted pain on far too many for far too long.” Leo W. Gerard, International President of the United Steelworkers (USW), North America’s largest industrial union with 1.2 million active and retired members,
16 cities in California have Occupy actions either held or being planned:
- Occupy Arcata
- Occupy Chico, CA
- Occupy Fresno
- Occupy Long Beach
- Occupy Los Angeles
- Occupy Modesto
- Occupy Napa
- Occupy Riverside
- Occupy Sacramento
- Occupy San Diego
- Occupy San Francisco
- Occupy San Jose
- Occupy Santa Ana
- Occupy Santa Barbara
- Occupy Santa Cruz
- Occupy Ventura
- Occupy Maine takes off;
- Occupy Boston ; Friday night a crowd of 1,000; occupation in front of Federal Reserve Bank continues despite rain.
- Occupy DC takes off; organizing group has its first General Assembly meetings on 10/01/11;
- Toronto, Canada – Activists are planning an occupation of Toronto’s financial district, following in the footsteps of protesters currently camped out on Wall Street. A group calling itself Occupy Toronto Market Exchange has launched a website to organize a march on Bay Street beginning Oct. 15. About 830 people on Facebook have replied they would attend the event in Toronto.
- Occupations are also planned in the streets in other Canadian cities, including Vancouver, Montreal and Calgary.
- OccupyDC Protest: Group Pushes Repeal Of Citizens United, Corporate Personhood
To find out what other cities are doing around the country, go to occupy together. Many locales are planning actions on October 15th.
Cities around the globe are also organizing occupy actions:
- Occupy Tokyo is organizing a facebook page.
Many cities and countries have budding movements in solidarity.