It’s the “San Diego Crumbling Infrastructure Contest” – all you have to do is find and locate some good examples of crumbling San Diego infrastructure, take a photo of it (or more), and send us the photo(s) and its location. And … depending on the response … we will review the entries and declare a winner and a runner-up by next week at this time.
They both win OB Rag T-shirts! Yea!
This is not exactly the annual “Orchids and Onions” contest, but it’s similar. We wish to find local roadways, bridges, dams, and other public structures that are in need of repairs, replacements, and/ or removal. Once we find them, we want to show them to local politicians. And convince them they need to help create jobs to deal with all of it.
The OB Rag is joining with our local MoveOn organization in highlighting San Diego County infrastructure that needs fixing … and the jobs needed to do the fixing. This is also part of our efforts to change the narrative of public discussion in this town … and this nation. We’re not interested in “pension reform” but in infrastructure and jobs, and in repairing our democracy.
Here are the rules:
- Find / locate some example of crumbing infrastructure that needs fixing;
- Take photos of your example;
- Send us at the OB Rag your photos and location – you can send them all to our confidential email: email@example.com
- Wait for the decisions of the judges
- Pick out the T-shirt you want from our selections, if you are chosen.
All entries will receive a decal or bumper sticker from us.