Mr. Faulconer will be at Shades between 9 and 11 am. Shades is located at 5083 Santa Monica Ave, Ocean Beach, at the corner of Abbott and Santa Monica, right across from the main Lifeguard station.
This is an excellent opportunity for OBceans to dialogue with Kevin on the issues that affect our community – such as:
- no charges being filed for the stolen memorial benches,
- the lack of public restrooms,
- why City planners want to increase the density of OB by adding 1400 dwelling units to the community,
- the City’s inability to complete the Brighton Avenue beach “comfort station”,
- the lack of a new lifeguard station
- City efforts to help the homeless
- the local Town Council’s shenanigans (no proper notice of election, “clubiness” of some leaders
- and to hold him responsible for his recent decisions regarding gentrification.
Mr. Faulconer was easily re-elected recently and has maintained a fairly accessible office down at City Hall, and has come out to OB in the past supporting efforts to save the local library branch and OB’s fire rings.
He is currently termed-out and cannot seek his seat again. However, one of his most recent decisions regarding gentrification along the 5100 block of West Point Loma has angered and upset OB Planning Board members and others who have concerns about that block being the front lines of the “new” cycle of gentrified dwellings.