The test scores are out, and all of the beaches in OB received A+’s or A’s. Heal the Bay, a Santa Monica-based non profit, conducts annual water quality tests of beaches and water-ways on the Pacific Coast, and has just released their results.
Here are the following OB beaches and their scores:
- OB Pier – northside at Newport Ave: A+
- Beach at Narragansett projection: A+
- Beach at Bermuda projection: A+
- Beach at stub jetty: A+
- Beach at Dog Beach (San Diego River outlet): A
- Sunset Cliffs – Ladera Street: A+
Mission Beach beaches received the same grades, for instance, Mission Beach at Belmont Park received an A+, but not, however Mission Bay. Here are the scores:
- Mission Bay at the Visitors’ Center: F (dry)
- Mission Bay at Vacation Island Ski: A+
- Mission Bay at Bonita Cove (east): F
- Mission Bay at Bahia Point: B
- Mission Bay at De Anza Cove: A
- Mission Bay at Campland: B
Also, San Diego Bay at Shelter Island received a D.