How many reasons do you need, to understand why you have to buy a T-shirt from the OB Rag? Well, here are ten reasons:
1. T-shirt sales are one of the chief ways we pay for maintaining our website (the other big one is ad sales).
2. We do have expenses – such as server upgrades and fees, gas, postage, post office box, subscriptions, access to the internet, business cards and other printing costs, office rent (very small), camera, recorder, … plus we do pay our bloggers a pittance now and then.
3. Your OB Rag is the primary online site for OB community news, views, gossip, rumors.
4. The OB Rag is on top of major local issues such as education, development, union workers, and the environment.
5. We were the primary source for views, news, and reviews of “Terriers” – the TV series filmed in OB.
6. We constantly are highlighting new and local businesses – who’s moving onto Newport Ave., who’s leaving.
7. If there is a protest or demonstration in San Diego, we (usually) know about it.
8. We throw our support and organizing behind issues that no one else stands up for, like saving the Torrey Pine on Long Branch, like giving the VFW folks some backing, like shining a spotlight on graffiti problems, and the lack of public restrooms in OB.
9. We try to hold our local government’s feet to the fire and keep issues that they would like to ignore – such as the still-unbuilt public restroom at the foot of Brighton at the beach.
10. There is more discussion within our comments on local and city issues than at other websites and blogs.