See this article for coverage of the march from Chicano Park!
Stand in solidarity with the workers of the world and demand respect for the rights of all workers on May 1, International Workers’ Day!
With unemployment still at record highs, and with union membership at record lows, it’s time for working people to take a moment, and contemplate what this day really means. We have published articles on May Day in the past and they are more relevant today than ever. With the anti-labor sentiment that is rocking our country it is important to stand together and be heard.
There are a few May Day events taking place in San Diego on Sunday, May 1. The participants at each event will march together to meet at Civic Center Plaza at 3 p.m. to hold a May Day Rally. Please feel free to attend an earlier event, listed below, or join us at Civic Center Plaza for the closing rally and action. The events last year were amazing, with thousands of people descending upon downtown San Diego.
Union del Barrio May Day 2011:
- Rally Chicano Park & March to Downtown Civic Center
- 11 AM Rally at Chicano Park in Barrio Logan, 2100 Logan Ave., San Diego, CA 92113
- 3 PM Rally San Diego Civic Center 1100 3rd Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101
We Are One San Diego May Day 2011:
- 12 Noon Rally: Grass area in front of Centro Cultural de la Raza, 2004 Park Blvd. San Diego 92101
- 1 PM March: to U.S. Federal Building
- 2 PM Rally: U.S. Federal Building, West Broadway & Front St. San Diego 92101
- 3 PM Solidarity Rally: San Diego Civic Center, 202 C St., San Diego 92101