END THE WARS!
Saturday, March 19, 2011
12:00 pm – 3:30 pm
6th Ave. & Grape St, Balboa Park, San Diego
19 reasons why we will be out on March 19:
1. Because the US wars and occupations in Iraq and Afghanistan are wrong
2. Because they are wars for oil and for empire, based on lies
3. Because nine Afghan boys were murdered by a US helicopter gunship while collecting firewood last week
4. Because we need jobs, housing, healthcare and education, not $1.2 trillion a year spent on war
5. Because our youth are forced to join the military, the poverty draft, when they cannot find other work
6. Because we stand in solidarity with the uprisings of the Arab people, and oppose US intervention
7. Because we stand in solidarity with the public workers in Wisconsin, in Indiana, in Ohio, and in San Diego
8. Because Palestine must be free
9. Because another world is possible
10. Because if we do not stand for peace and justice, who will?
11. Because Bradley Manning is abused and in solitary confinement, allegedly for leaking the truth
12. Because the politicians won’t listen until we mobilize for direct action
13. Because we condemn the attacks on Muslims, Arabs and immigrants in our country and elsewhere
14. Because we want our troops out now
15. Because 9/11 was always just an excuse
16. Because Bush’s wars are now Obama’s wars
17. Because the US supports corrupt dictators
18. Because there are no good empires
19. Because on March 19 we will join together with others who defend peace and social justice, to support and learn from one another, and to help spread the word
What are your reasons?
12:00pm – 2:00pm
Gather at 6th Ave & Grape St for music, speakers, outreach tables, networking opportunities, Bradley Manning support postcards to convey your own personal message of hope & support. Voicemail blast your congresspeople a message of dissent and demand an end to these wars of oil and empire!
2:00PM – 3:30PM
~ BUILDING BRIDGES TO PEACE ~
We will take a short walk across the street to six freeway overpasses, posting banners with a message to our communities:
END THE WARS!
[The REAL Threat to the Economy]
-Money for Jobs & Education, Not for War & Occupation!
-Troops out of Iraq & Afghanistan Now!
-End U.S. Military Aid to Egypt & Israel!
SDCPJ calls for Solidarity with the Arab People – No to US Intervention!
Endorsing Organizations (partial list)
- – San Diego Coalition for Peace & Justice
- – Green Party of San Diego
- – Forum on War and Peace at SDSU
- – Students for Justice in Palestine at SDSU
- – San Diego Branch of The International Socialist Organization (ISO)
- – Vets for Peace
- – The San Diego Puppet Insurgency
- – Al-Awda San Diego, The Palestine Right to Return Coalition
- – Peace Resource Center
- – Activist San Diego
- – San Diego Imperial County Labor Council on Latin American Advancement
- – Education For All at City College
- – American Federation of Teachers Local 1931
- – San Diego Military Counseling Project
- – San Diego Alliance for Marriage Equality
- – Pride @ Work San Diego
- – Middle Eastern Culture & Information Center (MECIC)
- – UPTE – CWA – 9119 – UCSD
- – Project YANO
- – Committee Opposed to Militarism & the Draft
- – Party for Socialism & Liberation (PSL)
- – San Diego May 1st Coalition
- – MEChA de SDSU
- – San Diego Food Not Bombs
- – Union del Barrio
- – Cindy Sheehan & Peace of the Action