OBceans and other citizens of the world:
Your OB Rag needs you!
As we cruise into our Third Anniversary as a blog – we began in October 2007 – we are celebrating the fact that we’re still here – and mostly because of those who have been supporting us over these few years – and of course because of our talented writers and bloggers and photographers and techies.
Yes, the most progressive neighborhood blog in San Diego (and Southern Cali for that matter) is riding high these days – check out our statistics for this past week. Over 1600 visitors on Thursday, October 7th. Half of our readers live in the City of San Diego (we cannot currently tell how many are from OB or other SD communities), and another quarter live in San Diego County.
Plus the number of advertisers and sponsors is growing – check out our sidebar.
We are doing great but we still need your support! Don’t you want to join in helping us deliver the best news and commentary about Ocean Beach and beyond?
Here’s what you can do:
- Be a citizen journalist! Join our growing ranks of on-the-street reporters and photographers. If you are interested, sign up to take our intensive one-hour course on being a citizen blogger/ journalist. Simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Take out an ad or become a sponsor. Our basic rate is $50 for a month – but we can work with any small business or group, and the rate goes down the larger the ad or the longer the term for the ad.
- Use our Free Classified section – it’s free – go to the navigation bar and click on “Classifieds”.
- Buy one of our beautiful T-shirts! Printed on quality shirts with a bitchin 4 color design logo by our friends at James Gang – they’re on sale for $15.00 a piece (plus a couple of bucks for shipping and postage). See our ad on the homepage.
- Check out our old original copies of the first OB Rag, published from 1970 to 1976. Purchase actual newspapers that were printed for Ocean Beach during the Seventies – they’re all in pretty good shape. Prices range from $6 to $30 depending on how many issues of an edition remain.
- Support the folks and small businesses who support us. Use the advertisers who have ads on our blog. When you use their services or buy their products, please tell them that you saw their ad on the OB Rag. If you can’t afford anything right now, at least click on their logos and check out their websites.
- PLUS, please leave comments to our posts. Our bloggers thrive on them – you really can’t imagine how thrilling it is for a writer to receive these responses. This is the least that you can do if you truly like and support our efforts.
Thanks everyone for your continued support and readership. We hope you join us to ensure we’re around for another year … and more.